Marketing / Belgrade
Head of Marketing
Head of Marketing, Nordeus
Nordeus stunned the games industry in 2010 with the release of Top Eleven, the world's most popular mobile sports game, with well over 180,000,000 downloads to date. Today we have three additional games across multiple genres, in various stages of production.
Based in Belgrade, Nordeus has embarked on strategic growth and is expanding in key areas. We are self-funded, profitable and fiercely independent. Nordeus has world-class ambitions in game development and we are searching for the best talent in the world to help us achieve our goal to be the best independent games studio in the world.
Belgrade, called "a hidden highlight of Europe" by Rough Guide, is a proud, confident, and quickly progressing city. It truly is one of Europe's up-and-coming locations. Life in Belgrade is particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nurseries options.
What you will be doing:
We are looking for an exceptional Head of Marketing who will be responsible for all marketing and brand management related activity across our studio.
In this role, you will lead a team of marketers and collaborate closely with leaders across the organization and game teams to translate the overall company strategy into marketing strategies and plans, delivering effective marketing campaigns and continue to evolve the brand of our games and company.
Bringing great quality to the marketing organization, you will mentor and lead other marketing managers while also keeping the rest of the company up to date about all the innovative campaigns we are working on.
This is a chance to join one of Europe’s most successful studios as its growth reaches a critical point of inflection.
- Manage, mentor and grow our current team of Product Marketing, Marketing Communications and PR, Community Management and Customer Support
- Hire and develop new and current employees
- Partner closely with company leadership, engineering, creative and product to translate business needs into successful marketing campaigns
- Analyze effectiveness of marketing campaigns with a strong understanding of their financial impact on our games
- Work with the game development teams to develop strategic plan around user engagement and user acquisition
- Oversee and develop our brand strategy, product positioning, value proposition, and target audience
- Create, update and manage an understanding of the competitive landscape and trends by conducting customer research, assessment of existing and potential markets, and collecting and analyzing behavioral data to target in marketing campaigns
- Collaborate with internal insights team and external parties to inform feature development for the game development teams, while ensuring alignment between the product offering and the optimization of marketing programs.
- Work with the community team and PR to manage the ongoing relationship with our players and press as well as ensuring communications stay on brand - this includes messaging strategy, design and execution of game events, positioning of new features, and presentation of game updates, while ensuring communications stay on brand
What you should have:
- BS/BA degree
- 10+ years in a digital marketing or marketing gaming position
- Ability and passion for mentoring and managing a growing team
- Strong experience with online/mobile products and distribution
- Extensive organizational ability and leadership skills to coordinate large-scale marketing campaigns
- Ability to manage advertising agencies, media agencies, global media promotions and events
- Adept at aligning competing and complex priorities, both internal and external
- Exceptional written, oral and presentation skills
- Highly impactful cross-functional leadership skills, with a demonstrated ability to partner as well as lead
- Experience creating brand strategies and brand building campaigns
- Collaborative, proactive and solutions oriented