Engineering & Science / Belgrade
Research Engineer (ML/AI Team)
WHY WE NEED YOU:
We are working on new technologies that power creative opportunities for our current and future games. We are tackling challenges in areas such as game AI, computer vision, deep learning, animation, generative models and the most outstanding results in these areas require engineers who are comfortable working with complex systems. You will be working with a senior group of engineers/scientists on developing innovative solutions to problems of game production and improving the way our users experience our games.
Cutting-edge R&D (with actual real-world applications) is your thing? This is your time to shine!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Provide software design and programming support to research projects
- Fully own machine learning systems end-to-end
- Design competitive, believable real-time battle PvP AI
- Use AI to create complex real-world simulations of sports
- Use reinforcement learning to develop real-time gameplay controlling systems
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of engineering experience or prior demonstrated knowledge and contributions to machine learning, e.g. in the form of research publications, open-source software
- BSc/MSc/PhD degree in a highly quantitative field (CS, Math, Engineering or other technical fields)
- Know your way around a Unix shell
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python
- Strong knowledge of algorithm design
- Genuine passion for games and game making, not just machine learning
- Fast (and lifelong) learner
- Knowledge in Tensorflow, Pytorch
- Knowledge in Numpy, Pandas
- Knowledge in machine learning
- The ability to read, understand, and explain to others, scientific papers on state-of-the-art machine learning and computer science, as well as the ability to prototype, evaluate and improve upon the ideas
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
Being fiercely independent and profitable enables us to take excellent care of the people we hire, including:
- Competitive compensation, perks, and benefits: unlimited vacation days, best-in-class learning and development opportunities, premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, Nordeus provided breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages
- State-of-the-art workspace
- High level of creative freedom: You won’t waste time on endless meetings getting several levels of approvals
- Chance to work with a team of experienced engineers: we’ve got over 170 employees from 22 countries
- Access to the latest tools and technology as well as a chance to work with a world-class development team
- Be part of making Belgrade a leading tech and business hub of Southeastern Europe: We are working closely with the community to develop the gaming ecosystem and empower talent
- Belgrade is awesome. Considered a 2018 must-see city by the New York Times, Belgrade satisfies everyone: nightlife and unique music venues; design-centric neighborhoods and galleries; live sports; international cuisine; you name it. Life in Belgrade is also particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nurseries options.
Want to learn more? Check out our Life at Nordeus page!