Engineering & Science / Belgrade
Lead Software Engineer (Game team)
WHY WE NEED YOU:
We are working on amazing games and we need a Lead Engineer for one of our small and independent game teams. You will be working on a game hands-on while coaching and mentoring the engineering team. Together with leads from other disciplines (art, game design and product management , etc.), you will steer the development of a game through various phases of the lifecycle, from prototyping to live operations.
Passionate about game making and developing people? Ready for an exciting new challenge? Let’s talk!
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Mentoring and leading the team in all areas of game development - game logic, rendering, UI, networking etc
- Cultivating team chemistry and motivation, growing team members soft skills
- Being the most pragmatic person in the room
- Creating new features for live games, together with game designers and artists
- Creating prototypes and proof-of-concept gameplay
- Creating systems, tools, and workflows that boost speed and quality of work of the whole team
- Writing high quality/performance code that runs on different platforms
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Track record of shipping games - preferably at least one while a senior or lead engineer
- Genuine passion for games and game making, not just software development
- Great communication skills and intrinsic motivation for mentoring
- T-shaped, with wide understanding of different game tools, technologies and best practices as well as the confidence to tackle complex projects with different approaches
- Fast (and lifelong) learner
WHY YOU’LL LOVE WORKING HERE:
Being fiercely independent and profitable enables us to take excellent care of the people we hire, including:
- Competitive compensation, perks, and benefits: unlimited vacation days, best-in-class learning and development opportunities, premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, Nordeus provided breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages
- State-of-the-art workspace
- High level of creative freedom: You won’t waste time on endless meetings getting several levels of approvals
- Chance to work with a team of experienced engineers: we’ve got over 170 employees from 22 countries
- Access to the latest tools and technology as well as a chance to work with a world-class development team
- Be part of making Belgrade a leading tech and business hub of Southeastern Europe: We are working closely with the community to develop the gaming ecosystem and empower talent
- Belgrade is awesome. Considered a 2018 must-see city by the New York Times, Belgrade satisfies everyone: nightlife and unique music venues; design-centric neighborhoods and galleries; live sports; international cuisine; you name it. Life in Belgrade is also particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nurseries options.
Want to learn more? Check out our Life at Nordeus page!