Engineering / Belgrade
Software Engineer, Nordeus
Here at Nordeus, we stunned the games industry in 2010 with the release of Top Eleven, the world's most popular mobile sports game, with well over 180,000,000 downloads to date. Today we have three additional games across multiple genres, in various stages of production. Without our awesome and passionate team of engineers, none of this would have been possible. We’re now looking to grow the team and more power to the engineering team. That’s where you come in.
About the role
As a Software Engineer at Nordeus, you will be collaborating with other passionate engineers, artists, game designers and product managers, thriving in a fun and smart environment. With a deep interest in gaming and the ability to switch between different technologies, you will be tackling new challenges on current and not-yet-announced games and have a direct influence on what we build for our players. This is a chance to join one of Europe’s most successful studios as its growth reaches a critical point of inflection.
Some of the things you’ll be working on
- Involvement in all areas of game development - game logic, rendering, UI, networking etc
- Creating new features for live games, together with game designers and artists
- Creating prototypes and proof-of-concept gameplay for games in early stages of production
- Creating systems, tools, and workflows that boost speed and quality of work of the whole team.
- Writing high quality/performance code that runs on different platforms
- Participating in company-wide Fast Innovations effort by pitching/prototyping new game mechanics, genres, technologies etc
- T-shaped, with wide understanding of different game tools and technologies
- Strong experience using C#/Java/other similar languages
- Genuine passion for games and game making
- Fast (and lifelong) learner
Why you will love working here
- Opportunity to delight millions of players with what you’ve built, every day
- Chance to work with a team of experienced game makers that inspire each other to do better and have fun in the process
- Competitive compensation, benefits and perks - we take very good care of the people we hire and the teams we build
- Independently-owned and profitable studio that enables you to be free from multiple levels of meetings, approvals and other roadblocks
- Belgrade is awesome. Considered a 2018 must-see city by the New York Times, Belgrade satisfies everyone: nightlife and unique music venues; design-centric neighborhoods and galleries; live sports; international cuisine; you name it. Life in Belgrade is also particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nurseries options.