Engineering / Belgrade
Lead Software Engineer
Lead Software Engineer, Nordeus
Here at Nordeus, we stunned the games industry in 2010 with the release of Top Eleven, the world's most popular mobile sports game, with well over 180,000,000 downloads to date. Today we have three additional games across multiple genres, in various stages of production. Our Lead Engineers are the brilliant builders that have been key to making this magic happen. And now we’re looking for one more to join our passionate team.
A brief snapshot of some of the awesome things you’ll be working on:
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be leading an engineering group on new products while providing mentorship and coaching. Our collaborative engineering team is organized into small and empowered teams that will look to you for guidance and motivation. We’re a group who constantly tests the limits of various technologies to create and iterate our games and features.
You will be working alongside other collaborative and passionate software engineers, artists, game designers and product managers, thriving in a fun and smart environment. With a passion for gaming and the ability to switch between different technologies, you will be tackling with the new challenges on current and not-yet-existing games.
This is a chance to join one of Europe’s most successful studios as its growth reaches a critical point of inflection.
- Mentor and lead other engineers in the development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software and promote collaboration
- Participate in all aspects of game development from feature design and planning through implementation, launch and live operations support
- Cultivate, motivate and grow our team’s technical depth and efficiency by inspiring them to focus on technical excellence
- Review various engineering projects on a regular basis to ensure they are meeting studio expectations
- Present to and collaborate with the engineering leadership group internally to track projects for quality delivery, making sure they on-time and on-budget
- Continue discovering, evaluating, and implementing new frameworks and technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Identify and solve key problems creatively with minimal guidance
The kind of experience we think is cool for you to have:
- Having shipped multiple games successfully; preferably at least one while a senior or lead engineer
- Demonstrated leadership and experience mentoring teams on paths towards successful development and shipment of games
- A strong understanding that great software development must serve the player’s experience while working alongside Design, Art and QA to continue delivering the best possible player experience
- Strong toolbox of problem-solving techniques and best practices as well as the confidence to tackle complex projects with different approaches
- Passionate about new and emerging technologies
Why you will love working here:
Awesome chance to work with a team of experienced gamers, smart talent, and passionate risk-takers inspire each other to do better and have fun in the process
- Continue to build fun and exciting games and interactions for the millions of diverse people who play our games throughout the world
- Competitive compensation, benefits and perks. We take very good care of the people we hire and the teams we build
- Independently-owned and profitable studio that enables you to be free from multiple levels of meetings, approvals and other roadblocks
- Belgrade is awesome. Called "a hidden highlight of Europe" by Rough Guide, the city is proud, confident, and active. Between events and gatherings in the world of art, music, sports and tech, you’ll never have a dull day. Life in Belgrade is also particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nurseries options