Art / Belgrade
Nordeus is looking for a talented to join our team in Belgrade. In this role, you will be accountable for the coherent direction and artistic vision of your project. You are expected to champion quality benchmarks working closely with product, design, tech and production teams to define what is possible and push to redefine industry standards. The team will look to you as an inspirational leader who is able to motivate and guide as well as being flexible, calm and approachable.
The position of an is a critical role for the business and requires strategic forward-thinking approach as well as tactical awareness. You will be part of the studio art leadership team and contribute heavily toward studio-wide topics, decisions, and directives that will move the department and business forward.
- Create style guides to establish coherent team vision
- Regular critique and feedback to art team to coach and direct
- Ensure all project artwork hits quality standards
- Planning and execution of art teams personal development
- Work and communicate with other departments to help realize the artistic vision of the project.
- Communicate to ensure entire project and exec team know your vision for the art direction
- Assist and advise production with the creation and tracking of art schedules and deliveries
- Support departmental growth driving recruitment incentives with internal HR partners
- Be an industry facing brand ambassador for the studio
- Contribute positively to the studio art leadership team initiatives
- Track record building, developing and managing art teams
- Extensive game development experience delivering at least 2 AAA console, PC or high-end mobile title releases as an art director
- In-depth knowledge of AAA game development workflows across an art department
- Mentoring expertise in two of the following areas; environment art, character art, concept art, technical art, UI, VFX or animation
- In-depth professional knowledge of 3D game development pipelines using; Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance and MotionBuilder
- Professional hands-on experience in a number of games engines such as Unity, Unreal or Lumberyard
- Strong leadership skills with a lead by example approach
- Exposure to managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Comfortable pitching and presenting best practices to art departments, critiquing problems and clearly explaining solutions.
- Have an artistic background showing a solid understanding of art fundamentals; anatomy, composition, lighting/ value, form/ function and perspective