Art / Belgrade
Technical Art Director
Are you a technical virtuoso?
A fearless pioneer ready for your next challenge?
This is your chance to join a young, international team of forward-thinkers and help them blaze the trail for new trends and technologies.
As Technical Art Director, you will…
- Be the driving force behind the technical wizardry we rely on to produce the best art on the market.
- Work closely with the Head of Art to ensure all our game teams are fully capable of realizing the artistic vision.
- Build and manage the tech art discipline that provides technical support across the business, both through a central “brain-trust” and within the game teams themselves.
- Provide training and documentation, monitor performances, set standards, and oversee processes and pipelines.
- Be a true master in both the technical and art worlds.
- Report directly to the Head of Art.
Your responsibilities will be to…
- Ensure all the art directors across our business can realize their vision within the specifications.
- Directly line-manage our central technical art team.
- Personally mentor all the technical artists across our business and guide their career growth.
- Build, cultivate, and elevate the technical art discipline across the studio.
- Evaluate, optimize, and oversee all the art department pipelines, tools, and workflows.
- Drive the design process and implementation of new tools and procedures.
- Strategically keep the studio ahead of the curve with new technologies and workflows, and empower others to actualize them.
- Work with the central code team for R&D and engine improvements.
To deliver these responsibilities effectively, you will have…
- Published AAA titles and been through numerous development cycles.
- A successful track record of building, growing, leading, and motivating technical art teams.
- Experience managing multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines with attention to detail.
- An aptitude for breaking down visual benchmarks and providing technical solutions with a focus on quality.
- Confidence pitching and presenting best technical practices to art departments, critiquing problems, and clearly explaining solutions to non-technical artists.
- A knack for synthesizing processes into digestible documentation and technical specifications.
- Mentoring expertise in at least two of the following technical areas: rendering, animation, rigging/skinning, VFX, or shaders (HSLS authoring).
- The ability to teach tools and scripting for art packages (Python, MEL, Z-Script, PyQT), applying coding standards and reviews.
- “Hands-on” experience with a number of game engines such as Unity, Unreal, and Lumberyard.
- In-depth knowledge of 3D-game development pipelines using Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Substance and MotionBuilder.
- The ability to write tools to extend the game engine (Unity3D tools in C#, C++).
- An artistic background showing a solid understanding of art fundamentals: anatomy, composition, lighting/value, form/function, and perspective.
If this sounds like your new job, send us your current CV and a letter telling us how and why you want to help us grow.