Art / Belgrade
WHY WE NEED YOU
Nordeus is looking for a talented Art Director to join our team in Belgrade. As an Art Director, you’ll provide coherent direction and artistic vision on our games. You’ll be a quality champion to define what is possible and push to redefine industry standards while being an inspirational leader for our artists.
Ready for an exciting challenge? Join us!
SOME OF WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Create style guides to establish art vision
- Work collaboratively with other game leadership on the artistic vision
- Proactively communicate with game and Nordeus leadership to ensure everyone has full context and information about your game art direction
- Be a leader in quality standards for all artwork
- Coach and direct game team artists by providing regular feedback and guidance
- Support art teams with their professional and career development
- Work closely with production to manage art workflow
- Act as a hiring advocate for the art org
- Be an industry facing brand ambassador for Nordeus
- Contribute positively to the art leadership team initiatives
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive game development experience as an art director delivering high-end titles
- Proven ability to lead and manage art teams across multiple games
- Passionate and proven success developing top art talent across many crafts
- Strong leadership skills
- Managed multiple projects, priorities and deadlines
- Comfortable pitching and presenting best practices to art departments, critiquing problems and clearly explaining solutions.
- Have an artistic background showing a solid understanding of art fundamentals; anatomy, composition, lighting/ value, form/ function and perspective
WHY YOU WILL LOVE WORKING HERE
Being fiercely independent and profitable enables us to take excellent care of the people we hire, including:
- Competitive compensation, perks, and benefits: unlimited vacation days, best-in-class learning and development opportunities, premium private medical insurance for you and your family members, Nordeus provided breakfast, lunch, snacks, and beverages
- State of the art workspace
- High level of creative freedom: You won’t waste time on endless meetings getting several levels of approvals
- Chance to work with a team of experienced game makers: we’ve got over 170 employees from 22 countries
- Access to the latest tools and technology as well as a chance to work with a world-class engineering team
- Be part of making Belgrade a leading tech and business hub of Southeastern Europe: We are working closely with the community to develop the gaming ecosystem and empower talent
- Belgrade is awesome. Considered a 2018 must-see city by the New York Times, Belgrade satisfies everyone: nightlife and unique music venues; design-centric neighborhoods and galleries; live sports; international cuisine; you name it. Life in Belgrade is also particularly good for families, with excellent international schools and nurseries options.
Want to learn more? Check out our Life at Nordeus page!