Art / Belgrade
Senior Technical Artist
Love being a bridge between code and art?
We are looking for a talented and experienced Technical Artist to join our team!
As a Technical Artist in Nordeus, you will work on shaping the direction of our new game within a small, vibrant and fun games team. You will be solving technical challenges, creating guidelines and rule sets, and maintaining the game’s artistic vision without sacrificing quality.
What will you do:
- Create different tools and scripts, design and implement processes that improve art pipelines within relevant content creation applications
- Drive the design, implementation and policing of new procedures to improve the techniques and pipelines of different development areas: workflow, tools, lighting, shading, post processing and VFX
- Improve and evaluate the effectiveness of the art creation pipeline, structures and processes in the team and wider company
- Work with game teams to develop pipelines that support game features and bridge the gap between disciplines
- Understand how gameplay and architecture dependencies affect content creation and develop workflows to bypass such limitations
- Mentor, guide and develop teammates
What you should have:
Senior level artists within Nordeus are expected to deliver and take on a higher level of autonomous responsibility for the creation, delivery and quality level of art within their teams. For this reason, we would expect you to have:
- Relevant industry and game development experience
- A proven track record of technical art support on released products and full game cycles
- Experience in optimizing content for memory and performance gains
- A portfolio that shows creative solutions to technical challenges and limitations
- A portfolio that shows high level proficiency within content creation applications (packages) that include: modeling, texturing, lighting, rigging, animation, scripting and tool creation at a AAA level
- Familiarity with game engines (Unity3D, Unreal Engine, CryEngine, etc.)
- A solid understanding of shading techniques: texturing, lighting, vertex and pixel shaders, post processing, etc.
- Good grounding in artistic skills
- A passion for games and a knowledge of current industry trends in technical art across console, film and mobile
- As a plus, a diverse experience and exposure to different areas of game development (animation, VFX, 3D asset creation)
If you imagine this being something you would enjoy doing, let’s make it happen! Send us your up-to-date CV, portfolio and cover letter explaining why you believe we are a match.
So that our Art Department can best assess the quality of your problem solving skills, we would love to see your latest portfolio that includes at least one ‘breakdown’ that demonstrates this. To help you decide what to include, here are little hints of what we will be looking for. We are keen to see:
- A presentation that shows the assembled scene, image or character and then shows the individual components (rig, model, textures, shaders) or scene assemblies (grey box, textured, lit, added FX) that make up the assembled scene, image or character